"The secret to patience is doing something else in the meanwhile"- Author Unknown

Not So Sweet Home Alabama

Yes, it's me, AngieDoe, and yes, I'm really stuck in Alabama for the ENTIRE summer.
With a job that doesn't start until the 7th of June, one must find something to do with their time, and as good as "lounging around the house"all day sounds, it get's old, for me at least, after about 4 days.
Therefore, I decided, after be inspired by the movie Julie & Julia, to start a blog of my very own.

SO, This is just me attempting to successfully survive an entire summer in this hell hole that the map of the United States calls ALABAMA......

Enjoy,
-AngieDoe

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feeling some type of way....

This poem was inspired by the song Ready for Love by India Arie. Enjoy :)

Tell me what is enough!
Or must I remove it from its pedestal...
Too high, too high, maybe, who knows?
Cause I still am not aware
Of what is enough to prove
That my patience is not in vain.
Tell me what is enough
To make You believe that I am ready
And act upon that belief.
Am I even close to receiving
That which I have longed for?
Am I playing myself for even trying?
Well if enough is impossible
I can hang my cleats up right here
But I don't know what is enough for you! So PLEASE
Tell me what is enough!
Do I not deserve to obtain
That which I let my mind wander about during the day
And dream about at night?
Have I already come encounter with it
But failed to recognize?
I know I am ready,
For all the ups and downs,
Resistances and strongholds
But most of all, I know
I am ready for You to tell me
What is enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment